Yes, you can do it. Yes, it can be done.
Indeed, such an approach is the ONLY way to check out whether something can be done. Jugaad they call it in India. In other countries they call it innovation, even invention. There must be a daring spirit underpinning one's life, not the life of a coward.
And too much thinking without action must rank as our greatest enemy.
Many years ago I came across the terms ignitor/killer phrase and checking the internet today I found a link.
I try my best to use these positive phrases in my life (both for myself and for others). To me the essence of success is the challenging JOURNEY.
The goal must be big, audacious. The outcome must be exhilarating – if achieved. The challenge must be daunting. Everyone must say that it can't be done. And then one must go ahead and DO IT.
Everyone can do the obvious. It is only those who truly live life that achieve the impossible, and get full value out of this life.
- I like that!
- Keep talking, you’re on track.
- Go ahead… try it… keep going!
- We can do a lot with the idea.
- That’s great, how can we do it?
- That’s neat, what else do we need?
- How can we get support for it?
- What else do we need to consider?
- I think it will fly!
- Gee, why not! Wow! Let’s try it!
- Where would we be without you?
- Hey that’s a great idea!
- How can we build on that idea?
- Let’s get right on it.
- I know it will work!
- Why not???
- That’s the way to go!
- How can we help you? Let’s go!
- This is going to be fun!
- I love challenges like this!
- That’s like you!!!
- I agree!
- That would be interesting to try.
- That’s good! That’s a great idea!
- I’m glad you brought that up.
- That’s an interesting idea.
- It’s sure nice to have you with us!
- Look out world, here we come!
Now look at the demotivation created by the following phrases:
- The problem with the idea is…
- No way it will work here.
- Impossible under our current system,
- We just can’t get support for it!
- It’s not a bad idea, but…
- We’ve never done it that way before.
- You haven’t considered…
- We have too many projects now.
- A swell idea but…
- It won’t work!
- We haven’t the time!
- It’s not in the budget!
- We’ve tried that before!
- Not ready for it yet!
- All right in theory, can you put it inpractice?
- It needs more study.
- Somebody would have suggested itbefore if it were any good!
- Let’s discuss it at some other time.
- You don’t understand our problem.
- Why start anything now?
- You know, I think you are really dumb!
- Has anyone lese ever tried it?
- I just know it won’t work!
- Let’s be practical!
- Let’s form a committee!
- It’s been the same for ten years, why change?
If you found this post useful, then consider subscribing to my blog by email: